Re: how to create control file ???

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 06:17:43 GMT

In article <6j9i3l$anp$1_at_news.tm.net.my>,   "Joelle" <tjoelle_at_tm.net.my> wrote:

> I was trying to load datafiles to my current database. however, i was asked
> to create a new control file (load data, append, into table <tablename> etc)
> prior to loading it into the database. could anyone one show me how to go
> around generating this control file ?? am i doing the right thing just to
> create an empty file with '.ctl' extension ?

> p/s: please write to this address tjoelle_at_mmis.minolta.co.jp

This an example of a control file, use any text editor and then load it with the following command( sqlldr80 for oracle 8 on NT4)

sqlldr80 scott/tiger transaction.ctl

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'e:\levy\trans.1'
APPEND INTO TABLE transaction
FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
(	levyno,
	period,
	type,
	amount	)