One datafile vs Several

From: Brian Schanblatt <brigo_at_u3.farm.idt.net>
Date: 1998/05/12

hello!
we:
ORACLE 7.3.3.4
AIX 4.1.2 We have a 1GB tablespace spread out over 5 datafiles. I would like to export everything,
drop the tablespace, recreate it with 1 large datafile and re-import.

Is this worthwhile? Are there advantages to having one datafile for a tablespace instead of several?
All suggestions welcome!
brigo_at_idt.net
bshan_at_ymail.yu.edu Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT