Foreign_Key / Primary_Key

From: Mike Oswald <moswald_at_mitec.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 23:19:20 -0500

Maybe an obvious but not so obvious question...

If I create a foreign_key (FK_xxx) for a table with a primary_key (PK_xxx) ... does it matter whether I create a concatenated key or do I need a seperate index to match the FK?

Table A - w/unique index on (corpid, name)

corpid
name
master
blah-blah

Table B - fk to Table A (corpid)

corpid
fieldb
fieldc

I shouldn't have to go through the trouble to have 2 indexes on Table A... one with the primary / unique concatenated index and another index just on the corpid?

-Mike Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 23:19:20 CDT