Re: TCP/IP faster than SPX?

From: Ronny Ivarsen <ivarsen_at_online.no>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 01:05:31 +0200

We have observed the sollowing:
With a Novell-Netware server running Oracle 7.3.x, SQL-NET 2.x from a win95 or WinNT client a 32-bit connection will have have a 10 to 1 peformance gain in network througput if you use TCP/IP instead of SPX. We have never seen this performance difference in 16-bit apps. When Oracle Norway was asked about the difference they claim it to be due to problems between Novell and Microsoft in implementation of the protocols.

Ronny Ivarsen
ivarsen_at_andhoy.no
ivarsen_at_online.no

Sylvain Leclerc skrev i meldingen
<044CD796C702D111B56800608CCC51D004D112_at_INT_04>...