Re: Creating snapshots to avoid ORA-01555?

From: <cmohan_at_iname.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 21:52:33 GMT

I don't know if there is anything better to handle this in Oracle 8, but in Oracle 7, ORA-01555 is a common error if rollback segments are not sized properly.
Create a large rollback segment that can contain the changes made during the entire period a long query is running. Or, try to schedule the long running queris at a time when these small transactions are not intensive. In my opinion, creating snapshots to avoid ORA-01555 is an over kill!

Good luck,
CM