Re: Archiving Redologs on NT

From: Jason Salter <jason_at_seahorse.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:43:44 GMT

On Sun, 03 May 1998 18:36:42 GMT, "df" <dfp1_at_istar.ca> wrote:

>This *looks* was what I wanted to achieve as well, any suggestions?
>
>The only idea that pops into my mind is running both NFS server and client
>services on the NT machine, and then making an NFS connection to the tape
>drive. But that does sound pretty convoluted!
>
>Dinesh

Dinesh,

 NT is pretty shite when it comes to any kind of scripting. We use a package called RoboMon by Heriox (www.heroix.com) We use it to keep an eye on the OracleServicexx services, TNS listener and watch for discspace utilization. It could also compress and backup your archived logs in only a few lines of code.

Regards,
Jason. Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 15:43:44 CDT