SQL*Loader reading compressed data files

From: Stephen Channell <stephen.channell_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 09:19:16 +0100

I have a Data Warehouse that needs to load 56,000,000 transactions a day from one of our operational systems.
The operational system is using Pro*C with GNU ZLIB to compress the data files dynamically to optimise the trip across the network.

My current proposed design uses another Pro*C program running on the Data Warehouse to uncompress the data, to provide the type of files that SQL*Loader will like the taste of.

Does anybody know:

o Is it possible to link a custom version SQL*Loader to use a different basic IO library from the standard UNIX one.

o Is Oracle Corp likely to "throw the toys out of the pram" at such a build. Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 03:19:16 CDT