Re: Problem setting the "default" oracle SID...

From: Pavel Polcar <pavel.polcar_at_berit.cz>
Date: 12 May 1998 06:23:53 GMT

Hi,
you don't say which platform the client is running on. On Windows NT, you can do this
by setting the LOCAL variable in the registry to the connect string to your default instance.
I think that something very similar can be done on Unix platforms as well, only it must be set
in the environment.
Hth,

--
Pavel Polcar

apara_at_bigfoot.com wrote in article <6j2vch$7vv$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...