Re: Schema Manager and sequences (bug?)

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/05/11

John,

It is true....with Oracle Enterprise Manager's Schema Manager tool, version 1.2, a sequence would increment by the defined interval when selected.

This is a software defect (i.e., bug) that has been corrected in version 1.4 of OEM Schema Manager.

On Mon, 11 May 1998 09:52:32 -0400, "H. John C. Hopkins" <john_nospam_at_hpe.ufl.edu> wrote:

>OEM 1.2.2
>Oracle 7.3
>
>I notice that schema manager increments the value of my sequences when I
>select a particular sequence, de-select it (by selecting another sequence to
>view), and select it again.
>
>Surely Schema Manager pulls its data from a data dictionary view, so why the
>increase in the sequence? Is it making calls to nextval? That would be...
>well, stupid. So I have to wonder what's going on.
>
>Meanwhile, I'm sticking with T.O.A.D.
>
>Thanks for any insight.
>
>-John C. Hopkins
>Programmer/Analyst

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon May 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT