MS-SQL Server able to manage 500 gigabytes with 400 concurrent users

From: BS2I <bs2i_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 May 1998 16:30:39 GMT

Hello,

I'm looking for people who got experiences in the management of databases with strong constraints (volume, number of concurrent users and response time).

Here are the caracteristics the database should respect :

This database is connected to an Intranet with an access at 64 kbit/s.

Does someone already install a database with such constraints ? I'm not sure that a Windows NT-based server with SQL Server is the right choice since SQL Server6.5 seems to not respect the main constraints (volume and number of concurrent users).

If anybody has already encounter this problem, I will appreciate his point of view.

Laurent. Received on Mon May 11 1998 - 11:30:39 CDT