Re: allowing ordinary user to select on all system views

From: Neil Chandler <oracle_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 11 May 1998 08:57:20 GMT

In article <3551654F.16C08AE8_at_vrijuit.nl>, Jeroen van Sluisdam wrote:

You are unable to grant to the V$ views. You must grant to the underlying V_$ objects.

However, if you logon as SYS and run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlmontr.sql a 'monitorer' role is created and granted to public thus achieving a similar result with the control and tidiness of a role.

It is invariably tidier to grant to roles and grant the relevant roles to the users who need them

regs

Neil Chandler