Re: Unix File System vs. Raw Devices

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:22:03 +0100

Seems to me you've got you set-up the wrong way round. Short burst writes like redo logging would be the FIRST things you would move to RAW disks (online logs, not archive logs), not the LAST things. In fact this is exactly what Oracle recommend. How did you end up with your existing set-up?

Steve Phelan.

Alan V wrote in message <6issp8$rn7_at_news9.noc.netcom.net>...

<6ipo17$lii$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...