Re: The Best Performance

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:18:21 +0100

Paul,

I've found Oracle 8 to be slightly quicker for most pieces of SQL, but never by very much. I've found one or two plans to be slower, but hinting has overcome this problem.

By using the Oracle 8 paritioning features we have greatly improved performance, but this may not be applicable for your system. Best thing to do is set up a test environment and give it a trial.

Steve Phelan.