Re: oracle process's memory size on Unix

From: Tanya Injac <tanyainjac_at_unn.unisys.com>
Date: 11 May 1998 03:52:48 GMT

Hi.

With the command:
ps -aux | grep ora
you can see the real size of a process in the column RSS (the resident memory size for each oracle process).
All ora processes are attached to shared memory and you can check number of processes attached to the SGA in the column NATTCH, with the command: ipcs -ma | grep ora
In the column SEGSZ, you can see the real memory size of the SGA for the oracle instance.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Tanya

--
Tanya Injac
Oracle Developer/DBA

guo_at_andrews.edu wrote in article
<Pine.GSO.3.94.980510134711.24370A-100000_at_deepika.squonk.net>...