Re: sqlplus - login as sys

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 17:47:35 +0100

In article <6ivd70$k23$1_at_news2.jic.com>, Ken Whitaker <kwhitakeNOSPAM_at_moon.jic.com> writes
>--
>X-no-archive:yes
>
>I setup the password file and the svrmgrl works fine but sqlplus is broken
>for the "sys" user - yes I know not recommend to use this account but I like
>to query the x$tables having little things like reformatting columns etc
>and will hate to setup views and grants for each one. Any ideas...
>
>PS: The new role SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE is great; Oh yea one other comment I
>understand in 8.1 that connect internal is gone in svrmgrl.
>
>versions: Solaris 2.5 / Oracle v 8.0.4.1.0
>
>SVRMGR> connect sys/change_on_install as sysdba
>Connected.
>
>$ sqlplus sys/change_on_install
>SQL*Plus: Release 8.0.4.0.0 - Production on Fri May 8 12:34:21 1998
>(c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>ERROR:
>ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper

Don't think it's broken. Hazy on the details, but I seem to remember Oracle telling me that from 8.? sys will _only_ be allowed to connect as sysdba.
--
Paul Brewer Received on Sun May 10 1998 - 11:47:35 CDT