Re: Trouble with Net8 Easy Config on Windows NT Server 4.0

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 16:48:29 +0100

In article <6ir84v$27v$1_at_netnews.upenn.edu>, William Chad Ross <wross_at_grace.wharton.upenn.edu> writes

>I am having trouble running this utility on NT using Oracle 8,
>Release 8.0.4.
>
>When I try to run it...
>
> 1. The pointer turns into an hourglass for an instant.
>
> 2. The pointer then turns into a pointer and the computer
> becomes sluggish.
>
> 3. A look into Windows NT Task Manager reports java.exe
> is taking 99% CPU.
>
> Nothing else happens. I eventually terminate the java
> process and go about my business.
>

>Has anyone else run into this? This is a procedure which worked out
>of the box on Solaris 2.6, but this is my first experience with Oracle
>on NT and would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right
>direction. (I have made sure to remove any references to the CLASSPATH
>environment variable as I suspected this may be causing a problem. This
>had no different effect.)
>

>Thanks,
>-Chad

Just tried it. (NT 8.0.4). It worked OK but Task Manager reported java.exe taking up 12 mb memory, even after EasyConfig was shut down! Maybe you're thrashing the swapfile?
--
Paul Brewer Received on Sun May 10 1998 - 10:48:29 CDT