Re: Problem setting the "default" oracle SID...

From: Alex Paransky <apara_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:30:50 GMT

On Sun, 10 May 1998 09:28:20 GMT, apara_at_bigfoot.com (Alex Paransky) wrote:

>On Sun, 10 May 1998 01:30:41 -0700, Michael Serbanescu
><mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>If your client machine runs Win95/NT, set the variable LOCAL (or REMOTE) to the
>>value of the database alias in the Registry (under the key
>>\LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE).
>>
>>For a UNIX client, set the TWO_TASK environment variable in the user's .profile
>>file.

Better yet, what program under Windows NT is supposed to manage this. There seems to be a suite of software for Windows and Windows NT on the same CD. The manual does not really state if all the function in the Windows applications are picked up by some other Windows NT application.

So, which application (manager) do you need to use to configure this value correctly? (I would think it should be configured during install process).

Thanks again.
-AP_ Received on Sun May 10 1998 - 04:30:50 CDT