Re: Problem setting the "default" oracle SID...

From: Alex Paransky <apara_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:28:20 GMT

On Sun, 10 May 1998 01:30:41 -0700, Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>If your client machine runs Win95/NT, set the variable LOCAL (or REMOTE) to the
>value of the database alias in the Registry (under the key
>\LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE).
>
>For a UNIX client, set the TWO_TASK environment variable in the user's .profile
>file.
>
>Hope this helps.

Thanks, on my client machine, I setup a key called LOCAL and set it to the alias of my database (funny, that the REMOTE did not work but local did).

Where is this documented? I have found that the documentation for Oracle stuff is not very well organized. Is there a particular book that I can get which will explain these things. Can you recommend something?

Thanks.

-AP_ Received on Sun May 10 1998 - 04:28:20 CDT