Re: Yield to Other application from PL/SQL

From: Gert Rijs <nospampleasegem_at_wirehub.nl>
Date: 1998/05/08

[posted & mailed]

Hi,
If you are lucky (never tried it) you can use the dbms_lock.sleep (or was it dbms_lock.wait) function to 'pause' your pl/sql. I am not sure if dbms_lock implements a 'busy wait' (blocking your entire proces) or not.

Alternatively:
I am not familiar with pb, but if it supports multi-threading you could run your pl/sql in
a separate thread. If it doesn't you could also spawn a separate proces that runs the pl/sql and let the o/s worry about timeslices for your apps.

--
reply address is altered to keep the spam down
remove the nospamplease part to reply...
gem at wirehub.nl
www.wirehub.nl/~gem

Atul Kane <akkane_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<6itrf2$9u6_at_bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...