Re: sybase to Oracle conversion?

From: Merle Martell <merle_martell_at_cargill.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 14:21:26 -0500

Jackie Marino wrote:

> Does anyone out there know of some tools or documentation from any
> resource, including personal experience, that can assist in conversion
> of Sybase to Oracle7? We have two large databases to convert.
>
> Thanks!
> Jackie M.

Do you have lots of stored procs and triggers? Do you have any OpenServer processes? Are you using Sybase replication? These are the messiest areas.

What do you mean by "large databases"? Large amount of space? Large numbers of tables? What is large, to you, BTW?

merle_martell_at_cargill.com Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 14:21:26 CDT