Re: Microsoft Access/Personal Oracle setup

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/05/07

You can get a free ODBC driver from Oracle by going to the Web site:

        http://www.oracle.com

Follow the link at the top to "Free Download", then to the link "Free Software". This will take you to the main page for all free downloads that Oracle has to offer.

You will download a self-extracting archive. Run this, extracting the files to a directory on your machine, then follow the installation instructions contained in the README.TXT file.

Good luck!

On 6 May 1998 23:57:38 GMT, "Jim" <cramerj_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to set up Microsoft Access to read a Personal Oracle
>database? On my copy of the Personal Oracle CD there are no ODBC drivers.
>Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
>

> Jim

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu May 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT