Re: Q: Idle time of sessions

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 07 May 98 21:24:17 +0100

On 06-Mai-98 22:36:07 Joel Garry wrote:

>Well, you can know the last NON_IDLE time from
>select sid, to_char(sysdate - (hsecs-s.value)/(24*3600*100)
>from v$sesstat s, v$statname n, v$timer
>where n.name = 'process last non-idle time'
>and n.statistic# = s.statistic#
>and s.value !=0;
>according to the advanced oracle tuning book. I would expect the
>difference between that and the current time would be idle time. This
>would make a test for idle time a lot simpler than constantly updating
>an idle time.

Hello Joel,
thanks for the advice, it tried it, but... well it does not work completely.
At my first try all the s.value in the above query were 0. So I guessed it would be a good idea to set timed_statistics=true in initorcl.ora. Then i got some sessions with s.value<>0 but now the s.value stay fix i.e. it does not change even if I do some activities with on session. It may be that these fields are not updated quite often, but 5min should be a reasonable interval. Do I have to set another initialization parameter to get s.value updated more often? (if it is updated at all).

Sincerely,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de