ORA-12154 with NET8

From: Jim Kleewein <kleewein_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:46:05 -0700

I'm running into problems with NET8 running on AIX 4.2. My app was running just fine and, without changing the app or my configuration, I found myself getting 12154 errors consistently. I did nothing other than relink the app (switching from using libclnt.sh to using the individual lib*.a files) and it worked just fine again. I checked all the obvious things (tnsnames.ora, TNS_ADMIN, i.e. all the directions in Oracle's "how to fix the 12154" document) and am at a bit of a loss. Does this ring a bell with anyone? When it was failing I tried recycling everying (including rebooting both the client and server boxes) with no success. The funny part is that sql*plus continued to work the whole time. Doubtless this is a stupid user error, but some hints to what that error is would be super.

Thanks!
Jim Kleewein
kleewein_at_vnet.ibm.com Received on Thu May 07 1998 - 14:46:05 CDT