From: <vjavaly_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 18:31:46 GMT

I'm loading 100,000+ rows into Oracle8.0.3 from fixed format flat files using SQL*Loader. I want to use direct path load, but I cannot because some of my date fields may be blank and I've had to apply the following SQL string in my control file for these date fields: prc_tms POSITION(536 :554 ) CHAR "DECODE(:prc_tms,NULL,NULL,TO_DATE(:prc_tms,'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS'))"

How can I eliminate the above SQL string so I can use direct path load?

Thank you.