Bytes per record?

From: Ian <Ian.Lewis_at_synectics-solutions.com>
Date: 7 May 1998 09:57:03 GMT

Hi

I hope you can help me with this.
How do you work out the bytes one record will take up?

I can work out using the number of bytes for the segment, the number of extents and the number of rows but this is surely not an accurate figure.

The reason is that we have a 1.5million record table that is using 555Mb, but it is about to be extented to 8million records, I need to work out the size of the next extents since the maximum is the operating system default of 121, and the current number of extents is 10.

If you could email the reply i would appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Ian Received on Thu May 07 1998 - 04:57:03 CDT