Re: Oracle 7.3 not Y2K compliant on Digital Unix?

From: <johnk_at_brunet.bn>
Date: 1998/05/06

<snip>

> Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
> <5u4qPGA1f4S1EwY1_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>...
> > We have been told by a third party supplier that Oracle 7.3.2 is not
> > certified Y2K compliant on Digital UNIX 4.0.
> >
> > Does anyone have any details on this? If we have to go through an
> > expensive upgrade, we would like to know why.
> >
> > TIA
> > --
> > Jim Smith

Jim,

Oracle 7 has been Y2K compliant since 7.0. However, some of the tools that came along with it are not. So you should be careful when someone lumps the whole thing and says Oracle isn't Y2K-compliant. The other thing to see is whether the OS itself is Y2K compliant. For example, Oracle 7.3.2 is certified to run on AIX 4.1.x as well as on AIX 4.2.x. However, AFAIK, only AIX 4.2.x will be made fully Y2K compliant, so you cannot say that Oracle isn't Y2K certified for AIX 4! Take a look at the whole - the strength of the chain is in it's weakest link. MetaLink has a whole lot of info on this, but to finally satisfy yourself, test it out using a test system that is set to a date in the future.

HTH
John Kanagaraj