Re: Copying a Database (NT)

From: Environment Waikato <ericah_at_wairc.govt.nz>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 16:40:48 +1200

Javadive Tech wrote:

> What exactly do you mean copy? Just create an Instance and do a full export
> of Database A after you have created the appropirate users .
That's ok if you don't mind waiting for the export and import and you want to tidy up the space usage.

Normally when we are recreating one of our test databases we copy the production database files and recreate the controlfiles to change the sid. It works a treat and is fast to do. Also means you get an exact copy of your production database.

Erica Harris
Oracle DBA/System Administrator
Environment Waikato
Hamilton
New Zealand Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 23:40:48 CDT