Re: Users Waiting - What resource are they waiting on

From: Tanya Injac <tanyainjac_at_unn.unisys.com>
Date: 7 May 1998 04:15:43 GMT

V$SESSION_WAIT contains an EVENT column which lists the events for which active sessions are waiting.
Whenever an Oracle session is not actually using CPU resources, it will usually be in one of a number of wait events. For example, a session may be waiting for some I/O requests for db files (db file waits) or log files, to obtain the lock (enques waits), for free space in the SGA or for latches.

The wait event "SQL*Net message from client" indicates that the foreground user process is waiting on a message from a client and usually should be ignored. Also, you can ignore "timer" events and other SQL*Net messages.

Regards,
Tanya
--
Tanya Injac
Oracle Developer/DBA

Rob Rebmann <rob.rebmann_at_londonlife.com> wrote in article <01bd7902$1e7cc1f0$891c65cc_at_ll55049-c1>...