tuning database

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:58:01 -0600

How big is your SGA? With the numbers you show, I would expect it to be at least 160MB.

We run 300 processes on systems about the same size (HP not DEC) and get acceptable performances, but they only have about 1500 tables (plus indexes, etc......still about 1/3 your count, but the db is 500GB+)

Why 4 connections per user?

What are the users doing-if OLTP, then check the SQL, my first reaction is that you should be ok.) If OLAP, multiple instances won't help, because they are all still doing I/O.