Re: What are the /var/tmp/o/s#xxxxx files ?

From: Naren Chintala <naren_at_att.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:06:28 -0400

Hi,

These are ipc protocol pipe files (fifo).

Each time the listener is started these one file gets created in the /var/tmp/.oracle directory.

It is of the form s#pid of the listener process. These files will remain if the listener process is not shutdown properly. Try killing the listener process, the fifo file will remain. You can maually remove these files.

HTH. Naren Chintala