Re: buggy forward type declarations ...

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:05:18 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Arjan van Muyen <arjan_at_ddi.nl> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 06 May 1998 12:08:45 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi folks,
>

>I am student writing an interface in PL/SQL using the objects option.
>
>I have define mutual dependant types, but the compiler won't eat them.
>
>Create type b as object (
>attr1 a
>)
>Create type a as object (
>attr13 b
>)

Don't use the semi colon to run the commands, use SLASH. For example, the following does work

create type a
/
create type b as object ( attr1 REF a ) /
show errors type b

create type a as object ( attr13 b )
/
show errors type b

And will create the objects. NOTE that your attempt to declare B as an object containing A is invalid and will not compile. B can have a REF to A but not A itself (as A is not defined yet).

>With the forward type definition
>
>Create type a;
> ^^
> Error
>
>Create type b as object ( ... etc
>
>The parser protests against the semicolon .... !?!?
>
> => IS THIS A BUG ?
>
>Tnx for reading this
>
>Arjan van Muyen
>City of Amsterdam

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 10:05:18 CDT