Sqlnet & Firewall

From: default <defaultuser_at_domain.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 09:42:49 -0400

Hi:

    I have Oracle 8.0.4 and Net8 on NT server, and Raptor System4.x Firewall in the middle on another box. Firewall allows Sqlnet traffic go through port 1521 only.
After Listener handshake on the server side, it pass back a different port to the client instead of 1521, then the connection fails. The Oracle server not runs as MTS,
no Oracle Connection Manager running either. Oracle Tech support say Net8 could use the same port 1521 for Internet connection from Firewall, but I look at Sqlnet
trace file at my client side it is not, I am not sure I miss something on the server sqlnet setup? Any suggestion would help.

Thank you

Johnny Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 08:42:49 CDT