Re: Non-blocking SQL statements with Pro*C

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 01:22:02 GMT

A copy of this was sent to alam_at_nxt.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 05 May 1998 17:25:58 -0600, you wrote:

>Is there any way to setup a non-blocking SQL statement in general? with Pro*C?
>
>I have a process that needs to poll a number of file descriptors (sockets and
>FIFOs). For each event on the fifos, I have to perform some database
>operations. I really don't want to be blocked waiting for the query's result
>while there are other events to be serviced.
>
>I tried to use multi-threaded Pro*C code (Oracle for Workgroup 7.3.3 and
>Pro*C 2.2.4)to solve the problem, but was not very comfortable with the
>reliability of the Pro*C generated code in an MT environment.
>
>Thanks.

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Not with Pro*C, its pretty easy to do with OCI -- the Oracle Call Interface tho.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 20:22:02 CDT