Q:Tuning of DB with many objects

From: Reinhard Bergander <reinhard_bergander_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 01:07:36 +0100

We have a Alpha, 512 MB RAM, maximum of.30 Unix user with 4 DB connections per user. The system has one instance with more than 77000 dba_objects!(16000 tables, 33000 indexes and 20000 views) With 10 user connected I have more than 300 unix processes! The application running is something like a terminal app.

The whole system is very slow!

I'm thinking about switching to multithreaded and splitting it up to multiple instances to reduce the system tablespace .(and of course upgrading the RAM)

Anyone experiences or hints with a system like that??

Thanx in advance,

reinhard Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 19:07:36 CDT