Re: Chained fetch ratio

From: <bialik_at_wis.weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 15:12:34 -0600

Hi.

Probably, you didn't analyze your tables. The chained-rows stats are collected by : ANALYZE TABLE <Table_Name> LIST CHAINED ROWS; It assumes that you already have table named CHAINED_ROWS defined in your db( UTLCHAIN.SQL file is supposed to contain these definitions ).

Anyway, run following statement :
SELECT NAME,VALUE FROM V$SYSSTAT WHERE NAME LIKE 'table%' ORDER BY NAME;
Look for the VALUE for 'table fetch continued rows'. If it's > 0 - you are actually accessing chained rows and the performance suffers.

 Good luck. Michael.