Re: Either it's equal or it isn't, right?

From: David J. Devejian <_widsith__at__panix_._com_>
Date: 5 May 1998 18:34:47 GMT

record_status is NULL.

NULL does not fit into the normal sense of equality, because it is supposed to indicate an absence of a value rather than any particular value. count(record_status) should return the number of records for which record_status is not null, which by your queries should be 12983.

regards
-dave

Roy Smith <roy_at_popmail.med.nyu.edu> wrote in article <roy-0505981118410001_at_qwerky.med.nyu.edu>...