Re: SHMMAX parameter

From: Igor Sereda <sereda_at_spb.runnet.ru>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 16:18:25 -0400

Hello Limin,

I don't see why Oracle SGA should actually take more space than its actual size. SHMMAX is only a limit to a maximum bunch of shared memory, and indeed you won't be able to allocate single SGA of bigger size.

Hope this helps,
Igor

--
Igor Sereda,
ITC, Russia Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 15:18:25 CDT