Question about Triggers

From: Chienfei Wu <chienfei_at_mozart.seed.net.tw>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 18:35:45 +0800

Hi ,

  I created a trigger but it did not work correctly. The worst case is I can't find any error messages . The purpose of trigger is to delete a record of a table in a remote database when I delete a record of a table in the local database. When I create the trigger successfully, I try to delete a record in the local db. But the trigger did not delete the record in the remote db.... I am so confused ...

The trigger body is :

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER faye.DELTEST
BEFORE DELETE
ON faye.emp
REFERENCING OLD AS OLD NEW AS NEW
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
 IF DELETING THEN
    delete from faye.test_at_lab1
    where username = :old.username;
 END IF;
END; Can you tell me how to debug and what mistakes I made ?

Thanks a lot !!

--
Chienfei(Faye) Wu
email : chienfei_at_mozart.seed.net.tw Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 05:35:45 CDT