Re: select * from v$datafile, datafile gone offline and recovery mode! why? and Help!

From: Doug Carter <dcarter_at_tui.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 16:52:33 +1000

Steven,

MEYOU_at_ComPorts.com wrote in message
>We have a serious problem with our oracle databases,
>we have strange error such as datafile gone offline and recovery mode!
>Can anyone help as the deadline is very near.

You need a speak to your DBA. The description of the error is very poor, but seems to indicate that you need to restore a datafile/tablespace. The reasons for this are wide and varied but normally relate to hardware problems or maybe over active system administrators cleaning up. The recovery method will depend on what backups you have available and the importance of the tablespace. That is something which your onsite DBA needs to help you with. If you do not have one - then call and ask Oracle to help you. If you do not have Oracle support or a DBA... the mind boggles.

Regards,

Doug Carter
Database Administrator Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 01:52:33 CDT