Problem: Oracle view with concatenated columns in java/jdbc app

From: Tuan Ho <tuan_at_internex.net>
Date: 1998/05/04

I have a view with a column defined as follows:

nvl(first_name,' ')||nvl(middle_name,' ')||nvl(last_name,' ') "Customer Name",

Within SQLPlus, I can select from this view the Customer Name, which shows all 3

parts of the full name. However, in a java/jdbc application, only the first_name shows up.

I tried to modify the view to remove the nvl function:

(first_name || middle_name || last_name) "Customer Name",

but the changes did not make any difference.

Why couldn't I get all 3 parts of the name in my java application?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--Tuan Ho Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT