HELP: to install 8.0.3 on IRIX

From: Paco Belinchón <fbm07_at_tid.es>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 16:15:23 +0200

Hi

I've got a terrible problem.

I'm installing an Oracle 8.0.3 server on a IRIX platform. I can install the software without any problem, but when the installation program tries to create the database, the following error occurs:

 ORA-01031 Insufficient privileges.

 If I start 'svrmgl' and I connect as 'internal', when I execute 'startup nomount' the same error appears.

 I've followed the installation instructions step by step.

 I have an oracle user who belongs to dba group. The variables 'ORACLE_HOME , 'ORACLE_BASE' and 'ORACLE_SID' are defined.

The installation program can copy all the software without any problem, so it would appear that the user 'oracle' has the correct directory access privileges, so I don't think I am missing any programs/oracle code.

Can anyone give me any advice.

 Thank in advance.

Francisco Belinchón Monjas

Telefónica I+D                 Madrid        (Spain).