Re: Oracle client - Modem speed

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 09:04:42 +0200

jorgedo_at_emtelsa.multi.net.co wrote in message <6ij7j6$9fd$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I need to connect a computer with Oracle Server 7.3 Cliente, with Forms 4.5
>and Reports 2.0. I have a 56kbps modem, but the highest speed is 19600 bps.
>This speed is acceptable for Oracle ??

It mostly depends on the application.
_DO_NOT_ perform any computing with large cursors in the client side. No unnecessary transmition. All application logic to db packages. Forms may perform only necessary input/output and computing based on forms fields. Then it may work fine.
I tried to connect with forms 5.0 to remote Oracle server with 9600 bps speed via SQL*Net 2.
It works. But every unnecesary query is felt.

Regards,
Piotr Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 02:04:42 CDT