Re: DELL servers

From: Clay Davidson <clay_at_his.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 20:36:49 -0400

Have no personal experience with dell.
Know that they do not have the experience that Compaq has. We use compaqs exclusively with not a problem but have not tried clustering. We used other vendors a few years ago and found that we often got strange problems that would sooner or later be traced back to the server.

A database app like Peoplesoft will exercise your server more than it has ever worked before. Any incompatabilities will show through. For as much as you are paying for the Peoplesoft app and the time of your accountants and IS staff, it may be worthwile to stick to a known quanity. Compaq is more expensive and that pisses me off but they do usually work.

Hope this helps,

clay davidson
clay_at_his.com