Re: Oracle ODBC performance SUCKS!@

From: David <darussell_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 22:41:11 +0100

Well........, I think you should take a peek at the SQL that a linked table creates and the rediclious use of bind variables that they generate. I can not speak for your particular situation, but I have been working this last week with a customer who has just crossed the 1,000 (one thousand user) boundary with Oracle 8 on an Alpha NT system and they are very happy with the performance and hope to achieve 1,200 users by mid june. They are using VB as the client and the server runs 2Gb of memory and 2 times 425Mz CPU's (to be upgraded to 625Mz next week).

I have seen lots of ODBC problems with linked tables in Oracle 8 in my travels so why not post up the sql that the linked table is using so that we can address this from a sql perspectice (put the following event in the init.ora to collect this : event="10046 trace name context forever, level 8")

Regards
David Russell Received on Sat May 02 1998 - 16:41:11 CDT