Re: db_writers

From: David <darussell_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 22:05:35 +0100

Increasing the number of database writers will increase your memory consumption, but it should not be to large. Each writer is a slave to the master writer and thus should consume no more that 1.7Mb. If Async io is an option on your platform I would recommend it, because all multiple database writers mimics is async io.

Each session is responsable for reading, thus increasing the number of database writers will not help read performance. To increase read performance for full table scans or fast index scans consider parallel query.

Regards
David Russell