PostgreSQL DATABASE HOWTO VERSION 6.0 RELEASED

From: <aldev_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/05/01

Please take a look at PostgreSQL as a SQL server in addition to other commercial databases.

PostgreSQL is the "Open Source Code" SQL server. It is the default SQL server for most of the Linux distributions - Redhat, Debian, Slackware,
etc...
PostgreSQL runs on most Unix'es like AIX, Solaris, HPUX, Sco, etc...

This version of PostgreSQL-HOWTO ver 6.0 supercedes the version 1.0 thru 5.0.

PostgreSQL Database HOWTO is at :-

        http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO.html

And mirrors sites are at :-

        http://www.caldera.com/LDP/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO.html
        http://www.WGS.com/LDP/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO.html
        http://www.cc.gatech.edu/linux/LDP/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO.html
        http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/ldp/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO.html

Other mirror sites near you can be found at
        http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/hmirrors.html
select a site and go to directory /LDP/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO.html

This doc will help the Unix user to setup a app/web database server.

Please let me know any suggestions and comments. I also welcome any "negative comments" as I believe that I am not a "super expert" and no human being is a expert. Humans commit lot of mistakes every day, every minute and every second!! Let me know any pointers or URLs which you feel will be useful and I will add it in the next release.

Email me at aldev_at_hotmail.com

AL DEV Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT