Oracle 7.3.3.3 Veritas Quick I/O

From: Carey_Martinez <cmartinez_at_mho.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 10:30:14 -0600

Good morning,

I'm trying to find out if some of you are having the same problems we are.

System Configuration:
2 SUN ULTRA A4000
1.5GB Mem
Both Servers are running SUN 2.51 all patches Veritas File System, Veritas Volume Manager, and Veritas Quick I/O. Both servers can can access all disks on 3 SUN network Arrays A5000. Raid 0, 1

Problem:

We are seeing different problems different times; During a recent import the dreaded ORA-1578 error appeared. Looked at Messages log for the system: No bad Disks. However, Oracle kept specifying a specific file and block number. Solution: Reboot. Started up the database and ran import again. NO PROBLEMS!!!! After the initial installation of Quick I/O the server went into panic mode and shutdown. Brought the machine back up. NO PROBLEMS!!!

Does anyone out there have a similar configuration? Experienced Problems with Quick I/O? Know if DMA Dynamic Multi-pathing is screwing with us? Does anyone know the meaning if life?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carey Martinez
Systems Engineer V / D.B.A. Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 11:30:14 CDT