Re: Poor documentation choice in HTML

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 12:25:30 GMT

Both HTML and PDF versions of the documentation are included with the Oracle8 installation media (including the Oracle8 Server, Oracle8 Client, Personal Oracle8).

When you select the documentation to be installed, this installs the HTML version. Look on your installation CD and you'll find a directory off of the root directory called PDFDOC. Open the file index.pdf in this directory, and you can navigate within the Acrobat viewer to access the entire Oracle8 documentation set.

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:14:23 GMT, peter.schneider_at_okay.net (Peter Schneider) wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 01:25:01 GMT, root_at_virginia.edu wrote:
>
>>Does anyone else feel that the HTML documentation supplied with
>>Oracle8 is difficult to use?
>>
>>Printing, searching, navigating... HTML seems a step in the wrong
>>direction when compared to the pdf format they were using.
>

>I couldn't agree more. The HTML docs are a major pain, even the old
>Oracle Book documentation format was *much* better than HTML. And the
>java information navigator is way too slow. IMHO, HTML was not made
>for documents of this size and complexity. I think Oracle would do
>best if they included the pdf docs as well for *all* products.
>
>Peter
>
>--
>Peter Schneider
>peter.schneider_at_okay.net

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 07:25:30 CDT