Re: Oracle ODBC Drivers

From: Michael Pelzelmeyer <michael.pelzelmeyer_at_herba-chemosan.at>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 13:22:01 +0200

candi_at_altavista.net wrote:
> ODBC drivers are touchy, it may be difficult to
> switch drivers in the middle of development.
We are also searching for stable ODBC drivers. We are neither satisfied with Oracle nor Microsoft ODBC drivers. They are used for Oracle access from MS-Access, especially on outer-joins we encountered several problems. So we think on switching to Visigenic (or test it at least).
What specific problems did you encounter on switching drivers? (In an optimistic view, the ODBC-API should be the same for all drivers, except for different compliance levels.) TIA Michael Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 06:22:01 CDT