Re: Query Speed

From: Jason Selby <jselby_at_cams.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:20:17 +0100

> My question is where do I start to look for differences.
> I am a newbie and have started looking throught all the docs. Please
> point me in the right direction.

Well the first thing I'd check is that the indexes created on one database are the same as on the other, although if a normal export/import was run this shouldn't be a problem, anyway try

select index_name, table_name,
lpad(column_name,length(column_name)+column_position) "Col" from user_ind_columns
where table_name = 'MY_TABLE'
order by index_name,column_position;

Change MY_TABLE to the table name your running the query on. Do this on both databases and if you get different results this could be the problem.

HTH Jason Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 11:20:17 CDT